Back in time when I was in high school, I remember that the cleanser was the first skincare product that I have ever bought. I had very oily skin at that time. And I was eager to clean it and keep pimples away. However, hormones at that age played a significant role in bringing more and more pimples to my face, ah! Therefore, from now and then, I had to visit my dermatologist.
My first cleanser was from Neutrogena. It was perfect for my oily skin, and it helped wash away oil and dirt and kept my skin shine-free.
By the time I was in the mid-twenties, my skin had started to change from very oily to combination skin type, and my cheeks began to dry fast when using facial cleansers for oily skin. Therefore, I needed a product that can penetrate my pores, dissolves oil and dirt, and still does not irritate the rest of my face.
One day, when I was visiting a local pharmacy, I asked the pharmacist for a gentle yet effective cleanser. She handed me a few products, and Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1 was one of them.
There are several ingredients that I like about this product, including:
- Salicylic acid, which is one of the most effective antibacterial & exfoliating agents as it helps to purify skin deeply, getting rid of excess sebum and dead cells.
- Zinc, which helps reducing inflammation.
- Clay, which is good for getting rid of extra sebum.
While Garnier official site describes this product as ” Pure genius,” I was not expecting a miracle, just looking for the clean skin!
The description on the official site states
“Garnier blends more of nature’s best in this triple-tasking solution for oily skin prone to imperfections. Proven effective in dermatologist tests, it’s enriched with active ingredients like natural clay and zinc to absorb oil and improve skin tone. Whether you use it daily as a wash and scrub or weekly as a mask, you’ll call it Pure genius!”
How do I use Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1?
The product has a light texture that dissolves quickly in water when you wash it away. You can see the tiny blue particles in the picture below that makes this Garnier product suitable for scrubbing your face gently.
Using it as a wash and a scrub can be misleading ( see the instructions in the photo below) since when you either wash or scrub your face, you will massage using a circular motion.
Either in using it as a wash or scrub, I wet my face with warm water to open the pores (I sometimes do that while I am in the shower since the steam helps to open the pores). Then I apply a small amount to my whole face, massage gently for about 30 seconds, and then rinse with warm water and finish with cold water. I use it this way for 2-3 times a week.
I use Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1 as a mask once a week, I wet my face with warm water, apply Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1, use my fingers to massage in circular motion for few seconds and leave it on for around 3 minutes (less or more depending on the weather). Then I rinse with cool water.
What do I like about Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1?
- No irritation; I have never encountered any skin problems due to using it, even when used on a daily basis. Sometimes my cheeks get a little bit dry after cleansing my face with Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1, but that is normal when you use an exfoliator, and the best solution ever; is always moisturize after exfoliation.
- Gentle exfoliating agent, using pumice particles that are tiny have never irritated my skin. Yet, I avoid using it on a daily basis; I usually skip 2-3 times a week and use one of my DIY masks like yogurt mask or green tea, mint and honey mask.
- I need about half a teaspoon of Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1 to exfoliate my face and neck, so it lasts for a long time, and for $24, I believe it is a good bargain.
- It feels very refreshing when you wash it away since it contains menthol. And I like that fresh feeling afterward.
My overall experience
Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1 helps eliminate excess oil, reduces pimples appearing on my face, and cleans my pores.
Am I going to repurchase it?
Yes! I have already been using it for a while now.
What about you; what is your favorite cleanser? Have you ever used Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1? Are you planning to purchase it?